Monday 4 November 2013

Day Four Take Two

Phone Conversation Between Me and B (14 year old son)

Me: Did you read my blog?

B: Mom you read it to me.  I had no choice.

Me: What did you think it was about?

B: I had no clue what your blog was about, Mom.

Me: I thought it was about me being judgmental, you calling me on it and your sister having no idea what we were talking about.

B: that's great Mom can I go now?

Me: I don't think it came across though.  I got a text message from a friend who was clearly offended.  I feel terrible.

B: Who?

Me: Anyway I'm going to print an apology tomorrow.

B: MOM TAKE THE BLOG DOWN

Me:  I'm not taking the blog down I'm printing an apology.

B:  MOM THAT'S NOT THE WAY IT WORKS.  When I had a joke on Facebook that offended one person -ONE PERSON, MOM - you said that if any one gets offended the joke comes down.

So completely different story but same moral: when you teach your kids to be independent thinkers sometimes they tell you that you are wrong.  And in this case, as in yesterday's, my kid was right.

Subliminal Messages for You Know Who You Are:
1. I am sorry that I hurt your feelings.
2. You mean the world to me.
3.Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
4. Hope we can still have lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment