Wednesday 27 February 2013

Banana Bread Retraction

I wrote a post about banana bread a few months ago.

Here's what I thought I wrote:

1. Banana bread strikes the right chord between comfort food and deliciousness.

2. So many of us have banana bread as our go-to baked good in sad/tragic/lukewarm circumstances.

3. Maybe we should encourage ourselves to think slightly out of the box, because the poor people on the receiving end may be getting many more banana breads than they can actually eat.

Here's what people heard:

1. I hate your banana bread and you are a terrible cook.

2. If you were a better friend, you would have come up with a better idea than banana bread.

3. I threw your banana bread in the garbage, fed it to my dogs, and used it to line my bird cage.

Here's what people actually said to me:

1. I am never baking you another banana bread again.

2. You didn't hurt my feelings, but everyone else is very insulted.

3. If you wake up with half a banana head bread in your bed, don't be surprised.

Here's my bottom line:

1. I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings and I am really sorry.

2. I am so exhausted right now that if anyone so much as hard boiled me an egg I'd be very grateful, never mind a home-made banana bread.

3. I actually really like banana bread.





No comments:

Post a Comment